Liposuction is one of the most popular and effective aesthetic procedure performed to remove excessive fat from the various parts of body. Although there are several techniques of liposuction but one of the most powerful is Power-Assisted Liposuction (PAL). The procedure is similar to liposuction but the surgeon uses a power-assisted cannula to remove fat cells from the body. This procedure has gained preference in comparison to traditional liposuction because of more controlled, rapid, tiny and gentler vibrations that produce more precise results.
Advancement of technology have helped medical science too. The traditional procedure of liposuction required great amount of effort from the surgeon but with the use of PAL device, the procedure has become a lot more effortless and easier for the surgeon. The surgeon can now freely sculpt and create a fine, smoother and better silhouettes in lesser amount of time.
Power-Assisted Liposuction uses a mechanical cannula that can rapidly vibrate at a rate of 3,000 to 5,000 times per minute. The fat cells are separated faster from other tissues. Surgeon makes small incisions in the targeted area that can only allow cannula to pass through it. The tumescent solution containing local anesthesia and adrenaline is injected to break up fat cells. Then Power-Assisted cannula is inserted through incisions and fat cells are sucked without much of the manual effort by surgeon. The incisions dont even need stitches and heals normally.
Benefits of Power-Assisted Liposuction
Aesthetic work can give you a slimmer and smoother silhouette by specifically removing fat cells from the problem areas of your body that don’t respond to diet and exercise.
- Less noticeable incisions for the patient as a smaller cannula needs to go inside the body to suck the fat cells.
- Uniform breakage of fat cells is facilitated by pulsating motion of cannula as compared to traditional liposuction.
- Removal of greater amount of fat cells in lesser time with lesser force.
- Less traumatic and more prcised removal of fat cells from targeted areas without hampering surrounding tissues.
- Efficient procedure that gives faster recovery to patients.
- 30% more removal of fat cells because the vibrating cannula helps release more fat cells from the body.
- Difficult areas can be targeted including the inner thighs, belly button area, and male breasts.
- Decreased susceptible to complications and safety risks as procedure takes less overall time.
- Long-term benefits of fat removal as removal of fat cells is permanent.
Risks and Complications
As there can be risks and complications associated with any procedure, there are some associated with PAL too like hematoma, infection, and skin surface abnormalities. These occur in very rare cases and can be minimized by following your physicians instructions carefully.