More Non-Surgical Techniques
Surgery is one of the ways to get rid of those extra fat pockets from the body. But for those persons who do not want to have a scar on their body, there are some non-surgical techniques available that uses laser energy, radiofrequency, ultrasound or cold (cryolipolysis) to reduce fat. The fat loss by non-surgical technique is more subtle as compared to surgical techniques.
The technique is done through some devices that are directly applied to the target area without any need of injection or incision.
Advantages of non-surgical techniques of weight reduction:
- Reduced risk & cost
- Lesser healing time
- Tissue tightening
- No scar
Following are the major non-surgical techniques that can be used for fat reduction:
- Low level laser light: The procedure works by applying low level of laser light on the target area to reduce the stability of adipocyte cell membranes. This leads to release of fat into the extracellular space that can be consumed by doing cardio exercises.
- Ultrasound: The techniques uses focused thermal ultrasound rays to raise the tissue temperature above 56 C. This will result in coagulative necrosis of adipocytes and hence fat removal.
- Cryolipolysis: This technique uses cryogenics to induce lipolysis. Adipose tissue is cooled above freezing point for localized cell death and inflammation. This will lead to fat removal.
There are several devices available in the market that uses non-surgical techniques of fat removal like:
- Zerona (low level laser)
- I-Lipo (low level laser)
- Thermage (radiofrequency)
- Tri-pollar (radiofrequency)
- Liposonix (Thermal Focused Ultrasound)
- UltraShape (Non-thermal Focused Ultrasound)
- CoolSculpting (Cryolipolysis)