Laser liposuction is a recently developed cosmetic procedure that is performed to contour those areas of the body that do not respond to diet and exercise. It is definitely not a weight control method or a fix for obesity but can remove fat cells from some really difficult areas.
Get Free Advice from Doctor! Get Details
In this procedure, a wave oflow energy laser light is delivered from below the skin at the targeted area to break up fat cells. This can also be associated with slight tightening of the loose skin but may take few months as a new collagen needs to be formed to create a tighter skin. Laser liposuction is basically of following two types:
- External liposuction: In this procedure, a laser (in the form of a pen or pad) is used outside the patients body before the surgery begins.
- Internal liposuction: In this procedure, a laser attached to the suction device or the end of a fibre-optic probe is inserted into the area to be treated.
Who is ideal for Laser Liposuction?
Laser liposuction is perfect for those individuals who are generally in good health and within 30 % of their ideal weight but just cant get away of those bulges from their body even after trying diet and exercise.
Who is not ideal for Laser Liposuction?
The person with lot of excessive skin & pockets of fat due to major weight loss or a person with bad skin elasticity is not a good candidate for laser liposuction.
Laser liposuction cannot reduce the appearance of cellulite or stretch marks.
Does it really works?
Although any kind of cosmetic surgery is not a substitute to healthy diet and lifestyle but laser liposuction can improve the contour of an individual. So even if you decide to undergo laser liposuction, you will have to follow a healthy diet and exercise routine to stay in shape and enhance your appearance.
Advantages of Laser Liposuction
- Possibly decreased swelling & bruising
- Quicker recovery
- Can be a part of re-constructive surgery or to treat certain conditions
- Decreased external skin damage because outer skin is not exposed to direct energy
- Can also tighten skin by stimulating collagen production
- More energy can be delivered to target cells for early results
Risks & Complications
As with every procedure, laser liposuction may also be associated with some risks and complications like burns, infection, skin necrosis etc. It is important to discuss these with your surgeon before finalizing any procedure.