Female Breast Reduction
A womens breast is considered to be the most beautiful and attractive part of her body. But sometimes, the breasts may enlarge or droop due to aging, pregnancy, significant weight gain or hormonal changes.
Women with heavy-breast are often dissatisfied with their body structure. They feel embarrassed for not being able to wear certain kind of clothes because of their enlarged breasts. Moreover, they frequently complain of neck pain, back pain, shoulder pain, shoulder grooving, physical impairment along with other physiological problems.
Liposuction of breasts can reduce the breast size without any scar, with a quicker operation, less complications and less healing time as compared to regular breast reduction.
Who is an Ideal Candidate for Breast Reduction
Although the result of breast reduction depend upon body type and age, but following woman are considered ideal for breast liposuction procedure:
- Woman with large deposits of fats in the breast area (fatty breasts)
- Woman with excessive breast weight
- Woman with increased breast size due to weight gain
- Post-menopausal woman
Contrary to these, thin young woman who have more glandular breast tissue but less fat are often considered not a good candidate for liposuction.
Breast Liposuction Procedure
Breast liposuction procedure is performed under general anesthesia. Small incisions are made in each breast mainly around the areola. The incisions act as passage to reach the fatty areas and facilitate removal of fat from the breast. Then the excessive fatty tissue and fat cells are removed from the breast either with the use of microcannula or by injecting tumescent liquid in the breast. Both these procedures are most commonly used for breast liposuction and produce best aesthetic results. Both the breasts are equally treated and conscious efforts are made by the surgeon to remove equal amount of fat from both the breast.
Advantages of Breast Liposuction
- 40-60% reduction of breast volume
- Can reduce the size of an oversized breast by up to 50 percent
- Painless procedure
- No or minimal incision scar
- Convenient procedure that takes around 1-2 hours
- Reduced recovery time
- Prevention of breast symmetry
- Nerves and surrounding blood vessels remain unaltered
- Less expensive
- Woman can return to work 3 days after surgery
- No lifting of breast after size reduction as the excess skin is not removed.
- Not a good option for young women whose breast do not have much fat.
- Not suitable for removal of the huge volume of fat.