Abdominal liposuction is one of the most common cosmetic surgery procedure performed to improve the contour of a person by removing extra fat deposits specifically from the abdominal area. Abdominal liposuction is the safest method that gives the most dramatic changes.
The fat around abdomen is hard to lose and is generally resistant to diet and exercise. This leads to disproportionate body structure. In these cases, abdominal liposuction can trim the abdomen by removing fat and giving a sleek and balanced shape to the body. The fat around abdomen is basically at two levels:
- Superficial fat is just below the skin and above muscles in the abdomen
- Deep fat is inside the peritoneal cavity
Abdominal liposuction can remove superficial fat only. Deep fat needs strict diet and regular exercise.
Abdominal liposuction is a thorough process in which the entire midsection of the body can be treated to remove fat. The area just below the breasts, sides of the breasts, hips, flanks, and pubic area can very well be treated with liposuction.
The procedure starts with precise delineation of areas from where fat is to be removed. Tiny incisions are made in the skin either in the navel or just below the bikini line to extract extra fatty tissue. This unwanted fat is targeted and then removed by suction method. Although there are many techniques that can work on abdomen for fat removal but following techniques are most commonly used:
- Tumescent liposuction in which solution of local anesthesia and adrenaline is injected in the target area to break the fat. The fat is removed with suction method.
- Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction (UAL) uses ultrasound energy to stimulate liquefaction of fatty tissue cells. The liquefied fat cells are then removed by suction method. It is a smooth, efficient and least traumatic method as compared to other procedures.
- Laser-Assisted Liposuction breaks down fat from target area by using concentrated laser beam of light. This procedure causes less inflammation, bruising and bleeding.
- PAL (Power Assisted Liposuction) is the quickest technique that uses mechanical cannula to extract fat through small incisions. This procedure is precise and shorter as compared to other techniques.
The removal of extra fat sculpt the area to the desired proportions. Almost all these procedures cause
- Minimum trauma to the surrounding muscles, nerves and blood vessels
- Less swelling
- Almost no bleeding
- Reduced post-operative pain.
But the choice of treatment technique depends upon the area to be treated and the amount of fat to be removed from that area.
Abdominal Liposuction is for both Male and Female
Males can have perfect looking 6 pack abs by ab-etching liposuction and females can have hour glass figure by removing excessive fat from their body.