Liposuction of Breasts-Male
Breasts in male is small firm tissue (adipose (fat) tissue and fibrous glandular tissue) located just under the nipple. Excess of adipose tissue or fibrous glandular tissue or both can cause gynecomastia. Gynecomastia is enlarged male breast and is a common condition in men. This may become a reason of social embarrassment, teasing and can even lead to psychological trauma. This is the reason why most of the men hide their condition by wearing thick shirts.
Causes of Gynecomastia include:
- Excessive weight gain
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Side effect of certain medications
- Renal or liver failure
- Severe malnourishment
- Low levels of testosterone
- Testicular cancer, lung cancer or adrenal tumors
- Hormonal imbalance e.g. hyperthyroidism
True & Pseudo Gynecomastia
Gynecomastia can be true or pseudo depending upon the nature of enlarged tissue. Pseudo gynecomastia or lipomastia is accumulation of excessive fatty tissue in the breast of obese men. True gynecomastia occurs due to the growth of the glandular tissue.
Liposuction can make a tremendous improvement in the appearance of the chest of an obese man with pseudo gynecomastia, but cannot remove glandular tissue of true gynecomastia.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for Male Breast Liposuction?
- Men in good mental and physical health who are at or near their ideal weight with softer breast-like appearance
- Obese males with pseudo gynecomastia or lipomastia
- Males with true gynecomastia with excessive fat cells
- Males with lax pectoral muscles and overlying skin due to age
Liposuction is definitely the best way to target the stubborn fat in the male breasts. Liposuction procedures can remove the excessive fat from breast by any of the following technique:
- Tumescent Liposuction which uses a saline mixture of local anesthesia and a blood vessel constrictor to break apart fat cells before removing them with gentle suction.
- Power Liposuction is done with special vibrating cannula that allows removal of greater volume of fat cells.
- Ultrasonic Liposuction uses a special ultrasonic probe to remove targeted fat cells.
- Laser Liposuction rupture the fat cells with laser rays and allow their quick removal while stimulating collagen production that tightens the skins surface.
- VASER liposuction liquefy the fat cells and remove them from the body through a gentle suction process.
- Microlipoor Microcannula Technique uses micro cannulas of less than 3 mm in diameter to remove the fat and give smooth results.
- Improved overall shape and contour of the body within a few weeks after liposuction
- More sculpted muscular lines and greater definition to the entire upper body
- Less swelling and bruising
- Patient can go back to their normal daily routine within a week or two